Green Bean Salad With Creamy Mustard Dressing
- 6 c. Whole green beans - (abt 1 lb) ends trimmed
- 1 c. Sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Walnut halves
- 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Unflavored yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp Salt or possibly to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Cook the green beans in boiling water to desired doneness. Drain and rinse under cool water till cooled; drain.
- Place green beans in large bowl with mushrooms and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad, grind the pepper on top, and toss to combine.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: This divine, rich salad is great for party buffets. The green beans look great whole but are a little hard to eat gracefully, so feel free to cut them in half for more bite-size pcs.
- Variation: For an even richer dressing, substitute lowfat sour cream for the yogurt.
Leave a review or comment