Green Bean And Red Onion Salad With Warm Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 c. frzn apple juice concentrate thawed
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mustard seeds Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 ounce green beans trimmed, and cut in half on deep diagonal
- 4 c. baby greens - (packed)
- 1/2 c. finely-minced red onion
- 2 lrg radishes trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced bread-and-butter pickles
- Boil apple concentrate in small saucepan over medium heat till reduced to 1/4 c., about 5 min. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar, oil, mustard, and mustard seeds. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.)
- Cook beans in medium pot of boiling salted water till crisp-tender, about 4 min; drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl; cold slightly. Add in greens, onion, radishes, and pickles. Toss with sufficient vinaigrette to coat.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Leave a review or comment