GnocchiPrep: 1 hours Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
If you have never had gnocchi, you are in for a great dish. I refer to my dish as Gnocchi even though the dough contains no potatoes.. Many areas refer to this dish as Cavetelli. What ever they are called, they are a superior meal. When ever my children come home or during Easter and Christmas, this is what they ask for. Try them!
- 2 T. margarine
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 C. flour
- 1. Use a bread hook, and mix all ingredients. Add flour slowly until the same consistency as bread dough.
- 2. On a well floured board, divide dough into 2 parts" then section each into 4-5 sections.
- 3. Roll each sections into about 1/2 inch long rope.
- 4. Cut each rope into 1 inch piece.
- 5. Flatten slightly: roll downward with finger making an indentation in center of each piece.
- 6. Sprinkle flour on gnocchi so they do not stick to board of together. Allow to dry a bit.
- 7. In large pan, bring water to boil. Cook until gnocchi surface to the top. ( About 20 minutes)
- 8. Drain and prepare with spaghetti sauce or other sauces.
- If you wish to prepare baked gnocchi, line the cooked gnocchi in a ( sauce laden baking dish Spaghetti, Alfredo, Hollandaise sauce) . Cover with Roman cheese,and other cheese, your choice of sauce and bake at 400 degrees for about 15- 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly golden brown. Cover entire pan with sauce.
Leave a review or comment