Giggling Gourmet's SancochoPrep: 45 min Cook: 6 hours Servings: 8by Giggling Gourmet15 recipes>
Here is a classical Puerto Rican root veggie dish that I have spent years of refining and studying under the grand guidance of my wife's Mom. This dish is especially superlative during the fall and winter months but also works anytime at all!!! If there is rumor of Sancocho in our family around here the lines grow long quick! Cooking this in a slow cooker for hours on end is optimum but any good deep on the stove pot will do just as fine as well! Fix up some white rice to either serve over or as a side...
- 1 Lb Beef Short Ribs Bone-In
- 1 Lb Top Round Beef Cubed
- 1/4 Lb Smoked Ham Diced
- 2 Cans Beef Broth
- 2 Cans Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Water
- 1/2 Cup Sofrito
- 2 Medium Yams Peeled/Chopped
- 1 Lb Yucca Peeled/Chopped
- 1 Lb Butternut Squash Peeled/Chopped
- 2 Medium Tomatos Cored/Chopped
- 3 Green Bananas Cut 1 Inch Rounds
- 3 Ears Corn Cut 1 Inch Rounds
- 1/2 Tbs Salt
- 1/2 Tbs Pepper
- 1Tbs Parsley Dried
- 1 Tbs Adobo Con Azafran
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Diced Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbs Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Red Cooking Wine
- 1 Cube Condimento Criolla Con Achiote
- In slow cooker add broth, water, cubed Top Round and Chopped Short Ribs, ham, add sofrito, salt, pepper, parsley, adobo con azafran, ginger, cilantro, cumin, paprika, red wine and condimento criolla con achiote and stir well.
- Add yams, yucca, butternut squash, tomatoes, bananas, corn, onion, garlic and stir all ingredients really well.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for at least 5-6 hours until all veggies are soft.
- Serve over white rice or white rice on the side.
- Lot's of love and TLC are also a required part of preparing this dish for everyone!
Leave a review or comment