Giggling Gourmet's Rage'n Cajun JambalayaPrep: 15-20 min Cook: 3-4 min Servings: 8by Giggling Gourmet15 recipes>
Good for those gatherings anytime of the year!!! This has a nice mild spicy heat without the hot sauce, but, I find kicking it up a notch with your own choice of a good zinger kind of hot sauce makes this dish a lot of fun to eat with everyone around the table! Warms the bones, tickles the ribs and fills those bellies!!
- 1 LB Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts Cubed
- 1 LB Kielbasa Sliced and Halved (Andouille Sausage Also Works As Well)
- 1 LB Cooked Shrimp
- 1/2 LB Ham Diced
- 6 Strips Bacon Crumbled
- 1 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes Juice Kept
- 1 LG Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 LG Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Beef Broth
- 2 TSP Dried Oregano Leaf
- 2 TSP Dried Parsley
- 2 TSP Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Dried Thyme
- 1 TSP Adobo Con Achiote
- 1/2 TSP Your Choice Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups White Rice
- Salt/Pepper To Taste
- In a slow cooker add chicken, kielbasa, ham, bacon, diced tomatoes, yellow onion, green bell pepper, celery, chicken broth, beef broth, oregano, parsley, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, thyme, adobo con achiote, hot sauce, salt, pepper and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks the better this gets!
- Add shrimp in the last 30 minutes of cook time so as not to overcook.
- Cook rice during the last 30 minutes and then serve up the jambalya over the top and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment