German Lentil Soup
- 1 1/4 c. Lentils -- washed
- 1 lrg Onion -- chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 bn Soup greens -- finely Minced [leek,celery,carrot,and Parsley]
- 1 x Carrot -- diced
- 1 lrg Potato -- peeled & diced
- 1/2 lb Bacon * Salt and pepper
- Soak lentils in 4-6 c. of water overnight. In large saucepan saute/fry onion in butter til golden.Add in lentils and the water, add in greens,carrot,potato and bacon. Bring to boil. And cook for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper after 30 mins. When almost done remove the bacon and dice. If soup is to thin mash a few of the beans to thicken. Return bacon.
- Heat thru.
Leave a review or comment