Crock Pot Lentil SoupPrep: 20 min Cook: 7 hours Servings: 6by Frosted Flaker7 recipes>
In the mood for delicious, healthy soup, with high fiber as an added bonus? Try this recipe. Prep time is minimal, and resulting taste is maximum !
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 carrots peeled, diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 1 small onion peeled, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse lentils. Place in crockpot and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Adjust water as needed.
- To enhance flavor, prepare one day in advance.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment