Garlicky Herbed Chicken w/ Broccoli, Shiitakes, and SpaghettiPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Smokinhotchef354 recipes>
Garlic! Good quality olive oil, fresh herbs and fungi- need i say more? This recipe is even better the next day, that's if it makes it past dinner. No fuss, no muss, the ingredients are harmoniously melded together with a little marination and a heckuva lot of bold garlic flavor. Most of these supplies you will probably already have on hand, so jump in with both feet and make your family think you've been slaving in the kitchen for hours. Additionally, this makes enough to have seconds or freeze and enjoy all over again on another day!!!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced on bias
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tsp. Better than Bouillon chicken
- 1 lb. pk frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz. sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 4 pats unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling and finishing
- In a stainless steel bowl, add chicken, garlic, parsley, oregano and kosher salt and pepper to taste. With rubber spatula, fold until all chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepot, bring about 5 quarts of water up to a boil with the Better Than Bouillon and cook spaghetti until almost al dente, about 7 minutes and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. While bringing water up to a boil, place broccoli, bag and all un-pierced in microwave for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a large saute pan up to medium high heat. Drizzle pan with olive oil and carefully add chicken pieces. Saute until no longer pink- about 5 minutes. Add Shiitake mushrooms. Cook for several minutes more and add broccoli. Cook for 1 minute more and reduce heat to medium. Pour in spaghetti and and toss with the pats of butter and pasta water. Simmer for several minutes more and turn off heat. Drizzle with olive oil and check seasonings. Garnish with pecorino romano if desired.
Leave a review or comment