Garden Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With Black Olive Mayonnaise
- 8 slc Sourdough bread, 1" thick
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 16 slc Fontina cheese, 1/4" thick
- 2 x Red peppers grilled, and cut into 1/8ths
- 4 x Marinated artichoke hearts sliced thinly
- 2 c. Arugula leaves
- 1 c. Good-quality mayonniase
- 2 x Garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. Nicoise olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Brush both sides of the bread with extra virgin olive oil. Place 4 slices of bread on a baking sheet and place 2 slices of fontina, 4 slices of pepper, artichokes and arugula on each slice of bread. Top each slice with the remaining 4 slices of bread and grill for 3 to 4 min on each side, or possibly till golden and the cheese has melted.
- Black Olive Mayonnaise: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process till smooth. Serve with sandwiches.
- This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
Leave a review or comment