Garden Greens With Goat Cheese Fritters
- 1 1/2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
- 1 c. fresh seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 x egg
- 1 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 3 x (4 ounce) logs fresh white goat cheese
- 1 1/2 c. canola oil
- 10 ounce mixed salad greens
- 1/2 c. dry cranberries Freshly grnd pepper to taste
- To make vinaigrette, combine mustard, brown sugar, honey, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a small jar. Cover and shake till blended. Chill till ready to use.
- Put bread crumbs and flour on separate plates. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and lowfat milk. Cut the cheese into 12 pcs. Flour your hands, roll the cheese into balls, and then flatten slightly. Roll each ball in the flour and dip in the egg mix, then the bread crumbs. Gently pat crumbs into the cheese and chill cheese for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the canola oil. Cook the fritters, 3-4 at a time, for 1 minutes on each side, or possibly till golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cheese to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, toss greens with the vinaigrette. Divide among 4 salad plates. Place 3 fritters on each plate and sprinkle dry cranberries over the greens. Top with fresh grnd pepper.
Leave a review or comment