Asian Duck Confit With Goat Cheese And Braised Red Onion Tart
- 4 x Muscovy duck legs
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 x celery stalk diced
- 1 med carrot diced
- 1 med Spanish onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 6 x garlic cloves - (to 7) chopped
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 c. minced coriander
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry or possibly Marsala
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x red onions sliced thin rounds
- 1 Tbsp. red vinegar
- 1 c. red wine
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar Salt to taste
- 1/2 lb puff pastry
- 4 ounce goat cheese sliced
- 4 x tomatoes peeled, seeded
- 6 x olives - (to 8) pitted, minced
- 1/2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add in duck legs and marinate for 3 days. Remove legs from marinade and place in a heavy cast-iron skillet. Cover with duck fat or possibly vegetable oil. Place in a slow 235 degree oven for 4 hrs. Cold legs. Shred meat off of 2 legs and trim excess fat from the other 2 legs.
- Goat Cheese And Braised Red Onion Tart: Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet and saute/fry the red onions till translucent/soft. Stir in vinegar, red wine, sugar and salt. Place skillet in 375 degree oven for 1/2 hour. Cold. (Can be done 1 day ahead).
- Roll out puff pastry and cut out an 8-inch circle. Place on a pizza pan. Spread pastry with the braised onion mix and top with goat cheese slices, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place duck legs and shredded meat on top. Serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment