Fruit Cocktail CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 12by Micheline120 recipes>
This is a delicious, moist cake recipe made with fruit cocktail. It will become one of your favorite fruit cakes, trust me.
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar or 1 1/4 cup splenda for diabetics
- 2 large eggs
- 1 - 19 ozs can of Delmonte fruit cocktail including the juice
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup white sugar or 2/3 splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add the white sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- Mix in the eggs and the can of fruit cocktail including the liquid. Mix well and pour into a 9" X 13" baking pan. Bake the cake in a 325 degrees oven for 45 to 50 minutes until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, mix all the topping ingredients together in a large microwave glass bowl and cook on high for about 5 minutes until the topping boils and thickens. Watch it as it may overspill.
- Important: Pour the topping on top of the cake slowly while they are both still very hot to allow the cake to soak in the hot topping. Let cool and serve.
Leave a review or comment