Fruited Coconut Cake
- 1 pkt Yellow cake mix
- 1 pkt (4 serving) Jell-o instant pudding (lemon or possibly vanilla)
- 1 can (16 ounce) fruit cocktail
- 2 1/3 c. Coconut
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Oil
- 1 1/2 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Nuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 can Evaporated lowfat milk
- This is for Lelia, but they are so good which maybe some others might like to try them. I got these two recipes out of the EASY HOMEMADE DESSERTS
- (Using Jell o Pudding) It was published in 1959. I have about worn it out.
- The recipes are so easy.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, fruit cocktail with syrup. 1 c. of coconut, Large eggs and oil in large mixer bowl. Blend, then beat at medium speed for 4 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts. Bake 324 for 45 min, or possibly till cake is done. (Don't under bake) Cold 15 min. Combine butter, granulated sugar and lowfat milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 min. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining coconut. Spoon hot sauce over hot cake. Serve hot or possibly cold, with whipped topping, if you like.
Leave a review or comment