Frizzed Beef GravyPrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 6by Glenn38 recipes>
Also known as Creamed Dry Beef it is a breakfast staple among the Pennsylvania Dutch and is often served as a luncheon treat over a split baked potato. This is NOT S.O.S. it is what S.O.S. aspires to be.
- 8 oz Dried Beef
- 4 cups Milk
- ½ quarter pound stick Butter
- ½ cup Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Melt butter in pan and add Dried Beef cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Cook 2-4 minutes until meat is lightly crisp and the butter has turned brown.
- Add 3½ cups Milk and salt and pepper to taste then bring to a boil.
- Mix flour and ½ cup of Milk together and add it to the pan until it begins to thicken. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add Worstershire sauce to taste (I use 3 shakes)
- Serve over toast or home-fried potatoes.
Leave a review or comment