Clean Diet week 1, day 1 lunch
- 8-12 ounces firm white fish (hake, halibut, cod)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- PICKLED RED ONIONS
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- pinch sea salt
- MANGO SALSA
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- ⅛ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root (peeled)
- fresh squeezed juice and zest of 1 lime
- 4 large lettuce leaves (as shells), any kind works, we like romaine best!
- Directions: Prepare this ahead of time if possible, by thinly slicing the red onion to mix in a bowl with the vinegar, coconut nectar and sea salt. Allow to marinate or “pickle” for up to 24 hours if you can. If you’re short on time, an hour is fine too, it just won’t have the same zing to it!
- Directions: Skin the fish and cut into ½ thick slices. Dunk each piece in the coconut milk, then into the curry-coconut mixture. Coat all the sides of the fish with the mixture until they’re well covered. Cook each mixture in coconut oil over medium heat until both sides brown up (flipping in the middle of the cooking), the crumbs are golden and fish is cooked through. You could also bake in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes if you prefer. Make the mango salsa by blending the mango pieces, cilantro, ginger and fresh lime juice and zest together in a blender, leaving a few of the mango chunks out if you want some extra texture. To serve, lay out 4 large lettuce leaves. Fill each leaf with the cooked fish. Apply generous dollops of the mango salsa, then top with the pickled red onions. If you’re a fan of extra spice, sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder for added kick.
Leave a review or comment