FELAFEL SANDWICH (Middle Eastern Fritters)Prep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 5by MARIA LOURDES V. LIPARDO-AYUB85 recipes>
This is one of my favorite "street foods" in the Middle East. It is originated in Egypt as a snack. Here is my version of felafel recipe...
- 1 c. chickpeas (canned)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. parsley or coriander leaves
- 1 large potato, boiled and mashed
- all-purpose flour
- oil for frying
- Arabian flat bread
- fried eggplants, chopped
- french fries
- boiled eggs, chopped
- tomatoes, sliced
- chopped parsley
- hummus or mayonnaise
- Rinse chickpeas and remove skins.
- Grind chickpeas, garlic, onion, salt, chili, cumin, coriander and parsley in a food processor.
- Mix chickpea mixture and mashed potato in a bowl. Blend well.
- Take 2 tbsp. mixture and drop onto oiled tray. Repeat the process. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Coat felafel with flour. Mold into a ball. Flatten slightly with palms.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Fill flat bread with felafel, eggplant, french fries, boiled egg, tomato, chopped parsley and hummus.
- Roll like a spring roll.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Leave a review or comment