EZ Lasagna My WayPrep: 24 hours Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Glenn38 recipes>
I have a love-hate relationship with lasagna. I hate the difficulty of making it and I usually don't like the taste of fresh lasagna right out of the oven. I love re-heated lasagna (even if you re-heat in in a microwave parching machine). Something tastes better the second time around. So here it is my EZ (Easy is just too simple a word while EZ looks strong and powerful) recipe, including the refrigerator part.
- Lasagna noodles
- Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- Salt and Pepper (as you like it)
- 28 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 15 Oz Ricotta cheese
- 3½ Cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- ¼ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley if you are into that sort of thing
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Lightly oil or spray a 9X13 baking dish and set out a medium mixing bowl.
- Boil lasagna noodles per package instructions or buy the Barilla oven-ready lasagne.
- In a large skillet, heat Olive Oil on medium high adding the diced Onion, then the ground Beef. Break beef apart and brown lightly and drain excess fat.
- Add crushed Tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper and blend well. Turn off heat when blended.
- Into a medium mixing bowl combine Ricotta, ½ cup Mozzarella and beaten (important step) egg. Set aside.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture on the bottom of the 9X13 baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna noodles, ½ of the Ricotta mixture and 1 cup of Mozzarella. Repeat with second layer (Tomato mix, noodles, Ricotta mix, Mozzarella and top with Parmesan.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 hour and garnish with parsley unless you are like me.
- Cut into individual serving squares and place each into a plastic left-over box with lid. Stack boxes in refrigerator at least overnight.
- Retrieve box of lasagna and re-heat (oven or microwave as desired).
Leave a review or comment