Churros my way with no eggs!!!!Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Shuly Karasin10 recipes>
Delishes Churros crispy on the outside and soft on the inside...
- set aside: 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 Tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla bean split and scraped from the goodies. ( don't discard the shell!!! Keep it for another use)
- For the batter
- 1 cup regular flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 Tspn baking powder
- 3 tblspn olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tspn sugar
- 2 cup of canola oil for frying
- In a medium bowl mix flour , salt, baking powder, sugar
- In a small bowl mix boiling hot water, oil
- Add to the flower and whisk till combined.
- Let it rest for 10 mins
- In the mean time heat the canola oil to reach 375F
- In a piping big strong bag attached a 6-8 mm star tip
- While the oil is hot pipe direct to the oil using assessor to cut a 5-6 inches long ; and fry it for 4-5 min or until nice light brown color.
- Remove from oil to a metal strainer once it's cool roll it in the sugar mix
- Bon appetite
Leave a review or comment