Ensaladang Ampalaya (Bitter Melon Salad)Prep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is a very quick and easy salad recipe with bitter melons, tomato, chrimp paste... Very good for those with anemia.
- 4 small bitter melons (about 12 oz/350 g), deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 5 red bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo), sliced (optional)
- 1 small cucumber (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi lime juice or lemon juice
- Sprinkle the bitter melons with the salt and place them in a colander for 30 minutes to drain.
- Rinse off the salt and dab the melon slices with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the melon slices with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop, then serve.
Leave a review or comment