Ampalaya Gisado with Egg (Sauteed Bitter Gourd)Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Ampalaya is just so hard to feed to kids. How I do it is I add egg in it to make the bittery taste fade a bit. It works well and it's easier for them to eat it. Ampalaya is good for those who have anemia.
- 3 medium size amapalaya (bitter gourd or bitter melon)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt or patis (fish sauce) and pepper to taste
- Slice ampalaya or bitter melon thinly.
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until the tomatoes have juiced out. While doing this, add some patis (fish sauce), or salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ampalaya and 1/2 cup of water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When ampalaya is quite tender, stir in the beaten eggs and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment