Easy Shortbread CookiesPrep: 40 min Cook: 9 min Servings: 42by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Easy Shortbread Cookies is an easy, delicious and healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, WeightWatchers (2) PointsPlus recipe for melt in your mouth cookies! NOTE: The dough must be refrigerated for at least 2 hours before baking, so plan a bit ahead. This is the best tasting shortbread cookie ever and will be asked for often. A must add to your Christmas cooking list. Makes 42 cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a smooth, soft dough.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 6 x 2 inch round log. Wrap each log in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Leave a review or comment