Disappearing Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Chewy and packed with oats, these are not only delicious they are also filling. I guarantee these will not last long! For best results, use a double layered baking sheet. I make these big, that's why the serving size says 18. You can easily make smaller cookies and double the amount.
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth
- In a separate large bowl whisk flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture.Combine well
- Add oats to mixture and mix well. Make sure every oat is coated in batter or it will not hold together when shaped.
- Add cranberries and mix well.
- Take approximately 2 to 2 1/2 tbs of batter, and using your hands roll batter into a ball. Roll it until it falls apart and continue to roll it until it comes back together. Press balls into a round 1/2 inch thick disk making sure edges aren't cracked. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake!
Leave a review or comment