Dhal/Lentil And Radish GravyPrep: 40 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Dhal with radish, spices and milk levels up the spicy, tangy and creamy flavors.
- 1 cup split yellow mung dhal/green beans - soaked for 1/2 hour
- and drained.
- 1 medium size radish - remove skin and cut into match stick size.
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk/cream
- 6 garlic - remove skin and cut into two pieces
- 4 shallots - chopped
- 1 tomato - sliced into pieces
- 3-4 dried chilies - cut into pieces
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Add dhal, radish, tomato, and turmeric powder into a pot.
- Pour enough water and simmer to soften dhal and radish.
- Heat oil in another pan and sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add fenugreek seeds and garam masala.
- Quick stir and tip into the dhal mixture.
- Pour in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Season with salt.
- Continue to simmer for a while and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment