Date Nite/Movie Nite In Deep Dish PizzasPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 12by Smokinhotchef314 recipes>
These pizzas are just plain awesome!! I made these over the weekend for the kids and grown-ups alike!! There isn't much cleanup and the Italian loaf serves as a virtual edible pan, grouted out and filled with pizza pleasure!! Of course you are not limited by ingredients, so mix and match and if you really like to be bad every now and then, make it just like this!!
- 1 1/4lb. lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 soft bouillon cube, beef
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 1/2 green pepper, small diced
- 8 oz. chopped cooked ham
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, rough chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 3 oz. deli style pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 lb. loaf Italian bread, split length-wise
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add ground beef, garlic and bouillon cube. Crumble with a potato masher as it browns.
- Cook for several minutes and add onion and green pepper. Continue to cook until beef is no longer pink and veggies are beginning to soften, about 3 more minutes. Toss in ham. Cook just until ham is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in herbs.
- Drain beef and spread on paper towels to cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, grout out innards of loaf halves leaving about 1/4 inch thickness down the center and along sides. ( I used a fork to hollow it out without going too deep. If this happens, simply place bread back into spot and press to even it back out).
- Drizzle loaves with olive oil and place in oven, on a roasting rack, toasting for a few minutes.
- Remove from oven and REDUCE HEAT to 375*F.
- Spread on favorite sauce as desired!
- Sprinkle both with a little cheese to aid in topping adhesion.
- Next layer pepperoni evenly between both pizzas.
- Repeat sprinkling of cheese.
- Add meat mixture and top with desired amount of cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until cheese is melty and golden around edges, about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment