Curry leaves Valakkai Poriyal (Plantain Chips)Prep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A lovely crispy-crunchy accompaniment for rice or snacking.
- 3 (abt 400g) valakai/plantain/raw bananas - peel the skin, slice as thin as possible and soaked in water.
- 1 tbsp plain chilli powder
- 3 sprigs curry leaves - shredded/sliced thinly
- 5 shallots - sliced thinly
- Salt for taste
- Oil for frying
- Drain out water from the sliced bananas.
- Into a bowl, add all the ingredients (except the oil) and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil and when heated, fry in batches till crispy and crunchy.
- Remove, drain over kitchen to remove excess oil and store in air tight containers.
Leave a review or comment