Cucumber Carrot Achar (Pickle)Prep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
light spicy,sweet and sour tastes with a totally awesome true crunch.
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced into 1 inch long stripes with the skin on
- 1/2 carrot - remove skin and sliced into 1 inch long stripes
- 1/2 inch ginger - remove skin and sliced into thin stripes
- 1 red and 1 green chili - remove skin and sliced into 1 inch long stripes
- 7 shallots -remove skin
- 7 garlic - remove skin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Sugar and salt for taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- When oil is heated, sauté ginger, shallots and garlic with cumin seeds (about 1-2mins)
- Add vinegar, turmeric powder, sugar and salt to taste.
- Let it simmer and put in cucumber, carrot and chili stripes.
- Stir all in and close with a lid.
- After 20 mins, open the lid and sprinkle sesame seeds all over.
Leave a review or comment