Crudites With Balsamic Chicken Liver And Garlic Terrine
- 1 x bulb of garlic separated and peeled butter
- 1 tsp muscovado sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 100 ml chicken stock (cube variety ok)
- 1 x onion peeled and minced good healthy pinch grnd mace
- 1 sprg thyme leaves only finely minced
- 1 x salt and black pepper
- 500 gm chicken livers liquid removed of blood
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 4 Heads chicory separated into leaves or possibly a selection of sliced vegetables such as a colour clash of carrot and pepper french toast and pickles to serve
- Put the garlic cloves into a small pan with about 1 tbsp of butter and the sugar and gently fry till they begin to colour then add in the vinegar and reduce till sticky.
- Add in the stock and gently cook till the garlic is soft and caramelised.
- Leave to cold.
- Meanwhile fry the onion in a further spoonful of butter along with the mace thyme and some salt and pepper till well softened.
- Then add in the livers some more butter salt and pepper and fry till just browned on all sides.
- Stir in the brandy and cook till the liquid has steamed off.
- Once cold process the contents of the liver pan till smooth then fold through the sweet garlic cloves.
- Spread the pate into one large or possibly four individual ceramic terrine dishes pots or possibly bowls.
- Heat some butter and pour just sufficient over each to seal the surface then leave to refrigerateand set.
- Can be dug into with edible scoops such as chicory cos lettuce leaves or possibly sticks of veg.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment