Chicken Livers In Chipotle Sauce Higaditos En Chipotle
- 1/2 lb (about 1 large) tomatoes, broiled
- 2 x Garlic cloves, peeled and roughly minced
- 2 x Canned chipotles en escabeche or possibly en vinagre
- 3/4 lb Chicken livers
- 3 Tbsp. Melted chicken fat or possibly safflower oil
- 1/2 med Onion, thinly sliced Sea salt to taste
- Put the unpeeled tomatoes, garlic, and chilies into a blender jar and blend till almost smooth; there should be a little texture to the sauce. Set aside.
- Trim the livers of any connective tissue and any greenish spots from the bile duct; cut each one into six parts. Heat the fat in a frying pan, add in the liver pcs and onion, sprinkle lightly with salt, and fry, tossing them almost constantly - a stir-fry if you will- for about 3 min over high heat. Add in the blended ingredients and, still over high heat, cook for about 5 min or possibly till the sauce has reduced and seasoned. Adjust seasoning.
- The Art of Mexican Cooking
Leave a review or comment