Crockpot Chicken VesuvioPrep: 20 min Cook: 5-9 hours Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Crockpot Chicken Vesuvio is an easy and delicious casserole recipe created by an Italian chef who created this after World War II. A very popular dish in Chicago restaurants to this day. This version is all done in a slow cooker. This is an easy recipe that takes only 20 minutes to prepare and simmers all-day for a delicious chicken casserole. It is also a healthy, low calories, low carbohydrates, low sodium, low sugars, diabetic and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 lb small new red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (2 lb total)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes, onions, peppers and garlic in a slow cooker; top with chicken. Whisk flour, dressing and lemon juice together until blended; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until peas are heated through. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Leave a review or comment