Sunday Supper Chicken Vesuvio with GravyPrep: 20 min Cook: 45-50 min Servings: 4by myra byanka510 recipes>
Love this recipe, courtesy of "The Chicago Tribune."
- 3 lbs. mixed chicken parts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
- pinch sage
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil/or part melted butter
- 10-12 small red or yukon potatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine (I use Sauvignon blanc or a decent white chablis)
- optional: sliced mushrooms sauteed and added with potatoes
- Mix flour with first 6 seasonings.
- Add flour mix to a baggie, and shake the chicken pieces in the bag.
- Saute chicken in oil in a Dutch oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Put potatoes in the Dutch oven, cook the potatoes until browned, add garlic.
- Briefly saute garlic.
- Return chicken to the Dutch oven.
- Top chicken and potatoes with wine.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.
- Top with parsley before serving.
Leave a review or comment