Cream GravyPrep: 5 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 10by Two Southern Girls17 recipes>
Ahhh! Cream Gravy it has so many uses. If you’re not from the South let me point them out to you. You can pour it on biscuits, for biscuits and gravy. Pour it on top of Chicken Fried Steak. Ladle it on your Mashed potatoes. Or just use it a dipping sauce for French Fries or bread
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 8 Tbsp Flour
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Melt Butter in a large Skillet on 200 degrees.
- Add Flour to the Melted Butter.
- Stir Flour and Butter with a whisk until smooth
- Make sure to stir constantly so it doesnât burn.
- Stir until itâs bubbly.
- Add Milk to the Skillet slowly about 1 cup at a time.
- Stir with a whisk constantly so that it remains smooth not lumpy.
- Once the gravy starts to thicken add more milk and stir with whisk.
- Add the Cream and stir with a whisk.
- Add Salt and Pepper and stir with Whisk until Creamy.
- Your Cream Gravy is done.
- Itâs ready to pour over your Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment