Coriander Leaves Rasam (Tangy Peppery Indian Soup)Prep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
The citrus tone of coriander leaves and the sharp snappy tones of spring onions married well with the tangy and peppery basic flavors of rasam.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baba's rasam powder (use more if you like)
- 2 medium size tomatoes - chopped
- 4 shallots - crushed
- 5 garlic - crushed
- 3-4 pieces dried red chilies
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves (sliced)
- 2 sprigs spring onions - cut into 1/2 inch length (separate the lower white part from the green)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil and when heated, saute garlic and shallots.
- Add powder, chilies, mustard seeds, tomato, half of the chopped coriander and white part of spring onion.
- Stir all in for about 3-4 mins for a mushy paste.
- Pour 1/2 liter of water and tamarind juice, also add salt for taste.
- Simmer over low heat until soup is heated through.
- Stir in the green part of spring onion and the remaining coriander leaves.
- Remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment