Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel DrizzlePrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- 1 ¼ cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup soft wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour milk (½ cup milk + 1 teaspoon vinegar) or buttermilk
- Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ - ½ cup cream
- Coarse Sea Salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour milk.
- In four separate additions add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until a smooth, slightly thick batter forms.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden and the cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the bundt from the oven and transfer over to a wire rack. Allow enough time for the cake to settle and cool off.
- In the meantime, prepare the caramel sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar. Let it sit for several minutes until it dissolves and browns. Immediately add butter and cream. Until a golden thick consistency forms. Remove from the heat and immediately transfer to a heat proof bowl. Let the caramel to cool completely.
- Once the sauce has cooled, drizzle liberally over the bundt and sprinkle coarse sea salt over the caramel.
Leave a review or comment