Classic Genoise (Sponge Cake)Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Super light and super moist with a buttery richness.
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 80g caster sugar
- 40g melted butter
- 80g cake flour
- 20g corn flour
- Create a double boiler and whisk the eggs and sugar till slightly warm and foamy.
- Remove from heat and whisk to "ribbon stage".
- (Drop and see a line).
- Sift flours over the batter and carefully fold in.
- (No lumps, be gentle and fold from bottom up).
- Stream warm melted butter and fold in.
- (Be careful not to over fold)
- Tip mixture into a buttered baking pan.
- Bake at 16C for about 20-25 minutess/ till cake is cooked.
Leave a review or comment