Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough CupcakesPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 24by Susen Palmer1 recipe>
These cupcakes are good just by themselves but the ganache on top just adds to the yummy! I love the cookie dough in the center it adds a nice surprise.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough recipe:
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 butter
- 3 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 med. egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup choc chips (mini or regular)
- Chocolate cupcake batter:
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream or milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter (rm temp)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (rm temp)
- 1 1/4 cups strong coffee cooled
- I'll start with the cookie dough recipe. You should be able to get 24 cookie balls from this .
- In a mixer bowl put your butter and sugars , mix until smooth.
- Add your egg and vanilla mix,make sure to scrape down sides.
- Then add your flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in choc chips.
- Freeze these before use , it keeps them from completely baking and stay somewhat doughy.
- This is the choc cupcake batter:
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Line cupcake pans with liners .
- These cupcakes rise well so you shouldn't have to spray your pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients, flour, cocoa, baking powder , soda and salt with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl combine sour cream and vanilla set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together on med. speed until smooth ad eggs one at a time scraping down sides.
- Alternate the flour and sour cream mixture to the butter.
- Once mixed slowly pour in the coffee.
- It tends to splash so have your mixer on low.
- You may have to mix by hand at the end scraping the bottom well.
- Using a purple scoop ( these are color coded scoops, I don't have a number for you.)
- Put in the first scoop and then add your cookie ball being careful not to push in all the way to the bottom.
- Try to center it the best you can.
- Then add a second scoop an top of the cookie ball.
- Bake for 20 mins. making sure the cupcake is done,(not) the center cookie dough.
- Once cooled I sprinkled them with powdered sugar and topped them with ganache in the center and choc. chips for garnish. You can top them with buttercream or whatever sounds good to you.
Leave a review or comment