Chocolate Chip Marzipzn LoafPrep: 1 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Marzipan Loaf
- Serves 8 people
- • 115g / 4oz / ½ cup unsalted
- • 150g / 5oz / scant 1 cup light muscovado sugar 2 eggs, beaten
- • 45ml / 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- • 150g / 5oz / ¼ cup self-raising flor
- • 130g / 3 ½ oz marzipan
- • 60ml / 4 tbsp plain chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 1800C / 3500F / Gas 4. Grease a 900g / 2lb loaf tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition to combine
- 3. Sift the cocoa and flour over the mixture and fold in evenly.
- 4. Chop the marzipan into small pieces with a sharp knife. Tip into a bowl and mix with the chocolate chips. Set aside about 60ml / 4 tbsp and fold the rest evenly into the cake mixture.
- 5. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin. Level the top and scatter with the reserved marzipan and chocolate chips.
- 6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the loaf is risen and firm. Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a review or comment