Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Glazed DoughnutsPrep: 30 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 7by Brina1 recipe>
not mine but want to check out the calorie intake in making these.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (or white sugar)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease doughnut pans with Earth Balance. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, Earth Balance, applesauce, vanilla, vinegar). Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 3. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake for 12 minutes or until doughnuts gently spring back when touched.
- 5. Meanwhile prepare the cookie dough glaze (below). Remove the doughnut pan from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. With a butter knife, carefully remove the doughnuts and place on cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- 6. Dip doughnuts into the glaze and serve immediately. Doughnuts keep for 2-3 days. I suggest not putting the glaze on until just before serving.
Leave a review or comment