Chili With Chocolate
- 3 med onions, coarsely minced
- 1 lrg green bell pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp. chili pwdr, or possibly to taste
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 16 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounce canned pinto beans, or possibly kidney beans reserve liquid
- 6 ounce tomato paste salt to taste pink onions, see recipe minced fresh tomatoes minced cucumbers sliced green onions
- Saute/fry onions and green pepper in oil over medium heat till the onions are browned. Add in the mustard seeds, and cook, for 1 minute. Add in the chili pwdr, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, tomatoes, beans with their liquid, and tomato paste.
- Simmer gently for 40 min, uncovered, till the chili is thick.
- Season with salt and serve with the fresh veggies.
Leave a review or comment