Chicken Thighs With Black Bean Relish
- 6 x Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1-1/2 pounds) I used chicken breasts (up to 8)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, liquid removed and rinsed
- 2/3 c. Thinly sliced scallions, green tops included
- 1 med -size tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. Minced red bell pepper
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin, (up to 1)
- 4 ounce Monterey jack cheese Warm, cooked yellow rice
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and lb. with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness (I didn't do this). Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken on all sides, about 12 min. Add in 1 clove garlic and cook 2 to 3 min or possibly till chicken is fork-tender and opaque. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in single layer in casserole. Set aside and keep hot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make relish, place beans, scallions, tomato, bell pepper, 1 clove garlic, vinegar, sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper in bowl and stir to combine. Spoon over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated oven 10 to 15 min or possibly till hated through. Serve with yellow rice.
Leave a review or comment