Larry's Fire Roasted Chicken Skewers With Glaze And Relish
- 1/2 c. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. ancho chile pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. pasilla pepper
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 Tbsp. coarsely-minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x boneless skinless chicken thighs halved lengthwise
- 32 x bamboo skewers soaked in water for 2 hrs Finely-minced fresh chives
- 16 x flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x shallots finely diced
- 1 pch cascabel pwdr
- 1 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. tangerine juice Lemon juice to taste Honey to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 x tangerines segmented Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 sm red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- For the Marinade: Mix together the juices, chile powders, paprika, cayenne, cilantro and oil. Add in the chicken thighs and let marinate for 2 hrs in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade and thread each chicken half onto 2 skewers so which the meat stays flat on the grill. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 4 min on each side or possibly till cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the grill pan and brush liberally with the tangerine glaze, serve on a platter, serve with the relish and garnish with chives. Serve with flour tortillas.
- For the Glaze: Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-heat. Add in the shallots and cascabel pwdr and cook till soft. Raise the heat to high, add in the vinegar, sugar and tangerine juice and reduce to a syrup. Season with lemon juice and honey to taste. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let cold.
- For the Tangerine-Pomegranate Relish: Combine all relish ingredients well.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment