Braised Chicken Thighs With Peppers And Olives
- 12 x skinless, boneless chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg onion, minced
- 1 med red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 c. uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 tsp thread saffron, crushed, or possibly 1/8 tsp. grnd saffron
- 1/2 c. pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
- 1/2 c. dry white wine, dry vermouth, or possibly chicken broth Lemon wedges
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a 12 inch skillet heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook about 10 min or possibly till browned, turning once. Remove chicken, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- Add in onion, sweet pepper strips, and garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 4 to 5 min or possibly until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice and saffron. Add in olives; wine, vermouth, or possibly chicken broth; and 1 1/2 c. water. Bring to boiling. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 25 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Serve with lemon wedges.
Leave a review or comment