Chicken Salad With Tangerines And Red Onions Lf
- 3 x tangerines
- 2 c. lean cooked chicken coarsely minced
- 1/4 c. minced celery
- 1 sm red onion finely minced
- 1/4 c. minced parsley
- 1/3 c. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 c. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish or possibly to taste
- 2 Tbsp. tangerine zest
- 1/4 c. skim lowfat milk or possibly as needed tangerine juice may be substituted salt black pepper freshly grnd
- 4 x pita bread, whole-wheat warmed lettuce alfalfa sprouts
- When the tangerines are ripe and sweet, serve this variation on a chicken sandwich. Filling may also be used as a dip
- 1. Peel the tangerines. Scrape the pith from them and finely chop sufficient peel to make 2 Tbsp.. Reserve for dressing or possibly use as garnish.
- 2. Separate the tangerine sections and remove any pith or possibly seeds. Halve each section and place in a bowl with the chicken, celery, onion, and parsley.
- 3. To make the dressing, combine the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or possibly blender, and pulse on and off a few seconds till thoroughly combined.
- 4. Gently toss the chicken mix with the dressing. Refrigeratetill ready to serve. CALS 191, 2g fat. Serve as a filling with pita bread. CALS 361, 4g fat.
- Serve as a salad on any kind of lettuce or possibly as a sandwich with dark whole-grain bread. Wrap with a warmed tortilla. Good as a dip for toasted pita points or possibly wheat crackers.
Leave a review or comment