Chicken, Bacon, And White Bean Soup, Portuguese Style
- 8 ounce Bacon minced
- 2 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced celery
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 lb White beans soaked overnight
- 2 quart Chicken stock
- 1 x Bouquet garni
- 12 ounce Small-diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Romano cheese
- 1 sm Crusty bread loaf
- In a stock pot, render the bacon till crispy, remove the bacon. Saute/fry the onions, celery, shallots, and garlic in the bacon fat for 2 to 3 min. Add in the stock, beans and bouquet. Bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook for about 2 hrs or possibly till the beans are tender. Add in the diced chicken meat. Season with cayenne, salt and black pepper. Garnish with Romano cheese and serve with crusty bread.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Leave a review or comment