Cherry Cream Scones
- 1/3 c. Dry cherries
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 c. Boiling water
- 1/4 c. Butter at room temp.
- 1 x + 1/2 c. all-purpose Flour
- 1 x + 1/2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 x Egg, separated
- 1/2 Tbsp. Baking pwdr
- 1/4 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 c. + 1 Tbls. half-&-half cream
- 3/4 tsp Almond extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Soak cherries in warm water for 10 min & then drain & set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter till mix resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolk, lowfat sour cream, cream & extract. Add in this to the flour mix & stir till a soft dough forms. Fold in the cherries & then knead the dough lightly on a floured surface (just till dough can be h&led). Shape dough into a ball & pat into a 6-inch circle on a greased baking sheet. Cut into six wedges & brush with beaten egg white & then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 min.
Leave a review or comment