Cheesy Lemon Pasta w/ Salami, Olives & SpinachServings: 5by Reeni11 recipes>
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta (like Barila Whole Grain)
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach, frozen
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1/2 pound Hard Salami, sliced, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 can small Black Pitted Olives, drained
- 4 ounces Ricotta Salata, finely grated (about 1 + 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, about 2 tablespoons, plus more for serving
- 1 and 1/2 cups Reserved Pasta Water
- Sea salt and fresh Black pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 1. Cook Penne in plenty of salted water according to package directions to al dente. You will need to reserve 1 and 1/2 cups of the water before draining. Drain and toss with butter and 2 tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking saute the onion in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan until soft and tender. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the frozen spinach and more oil if needed, saute until tender. Add the salami and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until warm.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl toss the pasta, salami mixture, olives, cheeses, lemon juice and reserved pasta water together. Add more Olive Oil if needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil.
- 4. Serve with a drizzle of Olive oil and Parmesan.
Leave a review or comment