Cheesy Beef BurritoPrep: 15 min Cook: 4 hours Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
This Cheesy Beef Burrito has the BEST Mexican simmered beef you’ll ever taste! Add other yummy toppings for a delicious family staple!
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 2 pounds stew meat, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (10oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (5.5oz) tomato juice
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
- ½ cup green salsa verde
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup white, brown or Spanish rice, cooked
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a Dutch Oven* over medium high heat, add peanut oil and let warm up. Brown meat in 3 batches. Add in red onion, garlic, enchilada sauce, tomato juice, chopped green chiles, green salsa verde, salt and chili powder. Stir all together and lower heat to low. Cover and simmer for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds and place on a plate. Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas; top with remaining ingredients.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up burrito-style.
Leave a review or comment