Cheese, Ham & Broccoli Strada
An easy, make-ahead recipe that is perfect for any brunch.
- 6 Slices firm whole wheat bread
- 4 slices reduced fat American cheese
- 5 oz. frozen, chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced reduced sodium ham
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 T minced onion, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 t dry mustard
- 4 oz. shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 t paprika
- canola oil cooking spray
- Spray 9x9 baking dish with canola oil
- Place 3 slices bread on bottom of dish, trimming so they completely cover the bottom
- Top with cheese slices, ham and broccoli
- Arrange remaining bread slices on top
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour evenly over top
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Uncover and place shredded cheese and paprika on top before baking
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 45 minutes or until firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- To make this dish decorative, freeze bread slices, then cut "Doughnuts & Holes" (Cut bread with a round drinking glass and a shot glass to look like a doughnut.) Use the scraps for the bottom and arrange the doughnuts and holes on the top.
Leave a review or comment