how to candied fruit i love this with angel food cake
- 1 can Fruit salad (or other canned fruit or fresh if your up to all the cutting)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey (or brown sugar,agave nectar or corn syrup)
- 1 cup or 1 1/2 cup Water
- Combine sugar honey and water in Large Saucepan.
- Bring to boil of med -low until mixture reaches 235 on candy thermometer.
- Drop a small handful of fruit and cook 10-20 minutes
- using a slotted spoon remove the fruit ( i place it on a cooling rack with wax paper underneath or a tray covered with wax paper) allow to cool can take up to 2 or 3 days to set completely some people oven dry it by baking it at 120f for 18 to 24 hours.
- Store in airtight container.
Leave a review or comment