Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dry Tarragon
- 1 x Frying chicken, cut in serving piece
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Oil, for frying
- MARINADE: Combine all ingredients. Place chicken pcs in a gallon zipper bag. Add in marinade, turning pcs to coat well. Chill 4 hrs to overnight.
- CHICKEN: Put seasoned flour in pie pan. Remove chicken from marinade with tongs, drip off excess and coat with flour mix. Heat oil in two large skillets and brown chicken slowly, being careful not to overcrowd pans.
- When browning is complete, reduce heat, cover pans and cook chicken slowly about 1 hour or possibly till done.
- NOTES : The buttermilk marinade contributes a unique flavor and added tenderness to the chicken. I found this on an online recipe exchange list back in the mid 1980's.
Leave a review or comment