Broccoli SaladPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Chef Smith226 recipes>
- 1 head broccoli
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. mayo
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- kosher salt
- Remove all stalks and trim broccoli florets into bite size pieces. Rinse well. Blanch broccoli florets until a bright green color, about 30 seconds. Do not cook the broccoli! Place immediately in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Allow to drain in a colander to remove excess moisture for at least 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon and drain on a paper towel and allow to cool and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, crumbled bacon, onion, raisins, and cheese.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add to the broccoli mixture and toss gently.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment